Sunday, January 2, 2011

When one doesn't know where to put one's jewelery

This is a little project that I had in mind for ages and I finally came round to do it.
I had a very bare wall and loads of jewelery that was stashed away in boxes and thus completely forgotten. So I thought, if I am not wearing my necklaces and bracelets, at least it would make a nice piece on my wall :)
And here we go:

1. Get some cheap frames from IKEA, few of pieces of fabric, a hot glue-gun and loads of patience :)


2. Using a plastic cover from the frame, fold the fabric to the size of the frame and glue it in


3. Make as many frames as you like (I made 9, coincidently, that's how many different fabrics and frames I had)


4. I like to separate my projects into phases, so frames was phase 1, and for phase 2, you'll need some more tools, wires and Coiling Gizmo. With that make little hooks:


5. Using same colored wire attach hooks to the frames:


6. Put the frames on the wall and and hang your jewelery on the hooks. I suppose the best way to hang frames wood be nails, but since I have none, I used double sided sticky tape, so at night few frames fell off. I am getting some nails next week :) Overall, I am very happy with my wall and I think I will wear more jewelery, now that it is in front of my eyes.



No sun and bad lighting means pictures are not of the best quality, but hey, you get the gist ;)

Happy new year!!

No comments: